Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Our Test Kitchen puts a new twist on a classic dish, using good-for-you sweet potatoes with raisins and almonds. Pineapple juice and cinnamon round out this satisfying side.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a small bowl, mash the pulp with pineapple juice. Stir in the raisins, brown sugar and cinnamon. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p49
Reviews for Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2011
Just had this for dinner tonight. My hubby and I thought these potatoes were delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Sweet Potatoes >