Twice-Baked Spuds Recipe
This satisfying dish is nutritious and can be prepared a day ahead, refrigerated and baked before serving.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 cup chopped peeled parsnips
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Bake potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Allow to cool. Place parsnips and garlic in a small saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash.
- 2. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato; discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a bowl, mash potato pulp with parsnips and garlic. Beat in next five ingredients, using a hand mixer.
- 3. Stir in green onions. Spoon into the potato shells. Combine the Parmesan cheese and paprika; sprinkle over top. Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 416 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 728 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC