Before my baby was born, I was in nesting mode and made lots of freezable recipes like these creamy red potatoes. The yogurt is a healthy swap for sour cream. —Valerie Cox, Secretary, Maryland
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
- 6 large red potatoes (about 10 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic-herb seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Microwave, uncovered, on high until just tender, 10-12 minutes, turning once.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each lengthwise in half. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in.-thick shells. Mash pulp with all ingredients except cheese.
- Spoon into potato shells. Top with cheese. Bake until heated through, 25-30 minutes. If desired, broil 2-3 minutes until cheese is light golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Twice-Baked Red Potatoes in Taste of Home November 2016, p34
Reviews for Twice-Baked Red Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 7, 2016
"I loved these twice baked potatoes! I've never put yogurt in potatoes but it was delicious. The Monterey Jack was so good in them."
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2016
"easy and yummy! Will definitely make again."