Twice-Baked Ranch Potatoes Recipe
In Gansevoort, New York, Janice Arnold makes the most of leftover mashed potatoes to create these creamy stuffed potatoes. "You can enjoy two and store the other two in the freezer," she explains. "They warm up nicely in the microwave."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + freezing Cook: 30 min. + standing YIELD:4 servings
- 4 large baking potatoes (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 13-15 minutes or until tender, turning several times. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cream cheese and milk until smooth; beat in salad dressing mix. Add mashed potatoes and mix well.
- 3. Cut a thin slice from the top of each potato; scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. Add pulp to the cream cheese mixture and mash. Spoon into potato shells. Top with cheese.
- 4. Place two potatoes on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 minutes or until heated through. Place remaining potatoes on a baking sheet. Freeze overnight or until thoroughly frozen; transfer to a freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- 5. To use frozen potatoes: Place potatoes on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, at 50% power for 8-9 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 511 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 1,753 mg sodium, 92 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC