- 4 large baking potatoes (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 13-15 minutes or until tender, turning several times. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cream cheese and milk until smooth; beat in salad dressing mix. Add mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Cut a thin slice from the top of each potato; scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. Add pulp to the cream cheese mixture and mash. Spoon into potato shells. Top with cheese.
- Place two potatoes on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 minutes or until heated through. Place remaining potatoes on a baking sheet. Freeze overnight or until thoroughly frozen; transfer to a freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen potatoes: Place potatoes on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, at 50% power for 8-9 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Twice-Baked Ranch Potatoes
Sort By :
"<p>I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of flavor this simple recipe had.It was delicious and will definitely make it again. I doubled the recipe to freeze the other part,so can't wait for an easy freezer cooking side. I will also say I did not microwave them, but baked them at 350 for 20 minutes and plan to reheat them the sameway in the oven.</p>"