Our Test Kitchen puts a new twist on a classic dish, using good-for-you sweet potatoes with raisins and almonds. Pineapple juice and cinnamon round out this satisfying side.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a small bowl, mash the pulp with pineapple juice. Stir in the raisins, brown sugar and cinnamon. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p49
Reviews for Twice-Baked Raisin Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2011
"Just had this for dinner tonight. My hubby and I thought these potatoes were delicious!"