Twice-Baked Potatoes Recipe
One of the things I like about twice-baked potatoes is that they are very versatile. They can be served as a complement to an entree, or they can be the main course with a salad. Either way, they are tasty.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 to 1 cup milk or heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the milk, bacon, onion, chives, salt, pepper and 1 cup cheese.
- 3. Spoon into potato shells. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 558 calories, 25 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 670 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC