Twice-Baked Potatoes Recipe
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 to 1 cup milk or heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the milk, bacon, onion, chives, salt, pepper and 1 cup cheese.
- 3. Spoon into potato shells. Top with remaining cheese and sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 558 calories, 25 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 670 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Twice-Baked Potatoes
"Confused on step 3 - when do you put the cheese on? We did the cheese first and are hoping it comes out well!"
"These are my new favorite potato. They are even awesome warmed up as a leftover. My family loves them."
"These are great!!!!"
"These potatoes are really good and that's with out bacon (didn't have any). Looking forward to the next time with bacon :)"
"very yummy! my husband and I made a reason to make them again the next day! lol"
"This was easy and super delicious!!"
"These were delicious! I used 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream in my recipe."
"I used 3/4 c. Sourcream and 3 Tbsp. of Milk."