Twice-Baked Potatoes with Bacon Recipe
These tempting potatoes are a real treat, even though they don't contain heavy sour cream or cream cheese. Chives, onion, bacon and reduced-fat cheddar cheese still provide big flavor and make a side dish perfect for a special meal. Prepare a double or triple batch to serve a group.Debbie Jones, California, Maryland
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- Bake potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a small bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the milk, bacon, onion, chives, salt, pepper and 1/3 cup cheese. Spoon into potato shells. Top with remaining cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Bacon Twice-Baked Potatoes in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2008, p403
Reviews for Twice-Baked Potatoes with Bacon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >