Twice-Baked Potatoes Supreme Recipe
On Christmas Day, we invite all our nearby relatives to dinner. One way I make the meal memorable is with this side dish that combines mashed and baked potatoes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 8 large baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup milk
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Paprika, optional
- 1. Pierce potatoes with a fork. Bake at 400° for 60-70 minutes or until tender. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. Set 12 shell halves aside (discard remaining shells or save for another use).
- 2. In a large bowl, mash pulp; add the butter, salt, garlic powder, oregano, cayenne, celery salt and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Pipe or spoon into shells; place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings (1 stuffed potato half each).
1 stuffed potato half equals 199 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC