- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), baked
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups (24 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut baked potatoes into 1-in. cubes. Place half in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the salt, pepper and bacon. Top with half of the sour cream and cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Sprinkle with onions. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Twice-Baked Potato Casserole
Sort By :
"As I'm not eating meat at the moment, I substituted the bacon for salmon flakes. Worked a treat!"
"Before I made this I read all the reviews. Based on those I added 3 large potatoes and cut the quantity of sour cream in half. The dish was perfect with those changes."
"Very good. I didn't read the reviews first, bad decision. I was in a bind with little time and not enough potatoes to fill the bottom of a 9x13 - in first layer. I quickly made some instant potatoes (not something I would make for Christmas Eve but was in a bind). I mixed with the baked potatoes. Turned out great!!"
"Family loved it--had to add it to the recipe box immediately!"
"Awesome recipe, but listen to the reviewers that made modifications. I doubled the amount of potatoes and only used 2 cups of sour cream and it turned out great, but if I make it again, I'll cut back on the sour cream even more. It tasted wonderful though and everyone loved it!"