- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), baked
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups (24 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut baked potatoes into 1-in. cubes. Place half in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the salt, pepper and bacon. Top with half of the sour cream and cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Sprinkle with onions. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Twice-Baked Potato Casserole
"I didn't read views first but knew that ratios were off. I halved the bacon, cheeses and sour cream to the 1 1/2 lbs of potatoes, used oval baker smaller than 9x13. Very yummy but maybe still less sour cream."
"i done ALOT of changes to fit my weird eating habits... I mixed the salt & black pepper 2gether - so it measured out to 1/4t - I used low sodium bacon bits or crumbles - used a Mexican blend of cheeses - added red & green bell peppers diced - and added the bottom 1/2's of the green onions to the casserole - sprinkled more of the green onions toppings to the potatoes... EVERY1 loved it! will b making it again... for sure!"
"My husband and I were looking for a good potato recipe, and we stumbled upon this one. Initially, our first thought was, it makes too much for our little family of two, so we decided to cut the recipe in half. It sounded delicious.Once it came out of the oven, that was a different story. The amount of bacon coupled with the sour cream overpowers the dish, so the balance of flavors is too rich. Because the potatoes are such a neutral flavor, they get lost in the casserole. Maybe if you use less of the sour cream and bacon, or more potatoes, that would be the right ratio of bacon to toppings. Also, the presentation wasn't very appealing, because the whiteness of the sour cream dominates the other colors.Sadly, this recipe will not be added to our recipe box. Happy cooking! :)"
"As I'm not eating meat at the moment, I substituted the bacon for salmon flakes. Worked a treat!"
"Before I made this I read all the reviews. Based on those I added 3 large potatoes and cut the quantity of sour cream in half. The dish was perfect with those changes."