I love to take tried and true recipes like twice baked potatoes and add new twists. I consider these to be the ultimate party appetizer. —Lyndsay Wells, Ladysmith, British Columbia
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
- 15 small Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons spreadable garlic and herb cream cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 slices bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Cool slightly and cut each potato in half lengthwise. Gently scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- In a large bowl, mash pulp with butter, milk, cream cheese, horseradish, salt and pepper. Stir in the bacon, onion and half of the cheese. Spoon mixture into potato shells; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Top with chives. Yield: 30 appetizers.
Originally published as Twice-Baked Mini Potatoes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p197
Reviews for Twice-Baked Mini Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review