Twice-Baked Mashed Potatoes
If you like the filling in twice-baked potatoes, you'll love the flavor of this savory side dish that complements most entrees. "It's a good way to finish off extra mashed potatoes," says Margaret Mayhugh of Murphysboro, Illinois.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the onion mixture, mashed potatoes, 1/2 cup
- cheese, bacon, salt and pepper. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking
- dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.