Twice-Baked Mashed Potatoes Recipe
If you like the filling in twice-baked potatoes, you'll love the flavor of this savory side dish that complements most entrees. "It's a good way to finish off extra mashed potatoes," says Margaret Mayhugh of Murphysboro, Illinois.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. In a large bowl, combine the onion mixture, mashed potatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, bacon, salt and pepper. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Twice-Baked Mashed Potatoes in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p48
Reviews for Twice-Baked Mashed Potatoes(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2011
perfect recipe for left over mashed potatoes
Reviewed May. 3, 2009
I substituted 4 cups of boxed mashed potatoes since I was making this for a crowd. It turned out wonderful and nobody even knew that the potatoes came from a box!