Twice-Baked Deviled Potatoes
The delicious side dish from Karol Chandler-Ezell of Nacogdoches, Texas is flavored with bacon and cheddar, and has just a hint of Dijon mustard. And since they take under 30 minutes, they're perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 small baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash paprika
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-10 minutes or until tender,
- turning once. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut a thin slice off the top
- of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter and milk. Stir in the
- cheese, bacon, onions, mustard and paprika. Spoon into potato
- shells. Return to the microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on
- high for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 396 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 635 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein.