- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 12-14 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a large bowl, mash the pulp. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, butter and salt; mix well. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Twice-Baked Creamy Sweet Potatoes
"Is the microwaving part of the 20-minute prep, and baking is the additional 15?"
"Delicious! I added cut up marshmallow pieces the last few minutes of baking...yum!"
"Delicious. First time I've ever made twice-baked potatoes. Made them as part of my hubby's valentines day dinner and he loved them. So did my 15-month old!"
"I made this recipe for my mom's bday dinner. It was wonderful!! Everyone loved it!!"
"This recipe is fabulous and easy. I have made it a couple of times. I added 2 Tbsp of sugar to one potato or 4 Tbsp to 2 potatoes. Other, than that no changes. Love this recipe!"
"My family loved this recipe. Wonderful. I added 1 TB orange juice."