Twice-Baked Breakfast Potatoes for Two Recipe
Leftover baked potatoes were the inspiration for this impromptu meal. The bacon and sausage combo make it a hearty breakfast dish, but it makes a filling lunch or dinner as well.—William Brock, Amelia, Ohio
- 1 large baking potato
- 3/4 teaspoon butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced chives, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Additional sour cream, optional
- 1. Scrub and pierce potato; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-17 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add the egg; cook and stir until set. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- 3. When potato is cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with sour cream. Stir in the bacon, 2 tablespoons cheese, 1 tablespoon chives, parsley, salt, pepper, egg and sausage. Spoon into potato shells.
- 4. Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and chives. Serve with additional sour cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 375 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 590mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Twice-Baked Breakfast Potatoes for Two
Reviewed Oct. 2, 2011
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC