Twice-Baked Breakfast Potatoes Recipe
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 10 ounces bulk sausage
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup minced chives, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Additional sour cream, optional
- Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-17 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter until over medium-high heat. Add the eggs; cook and stir until set. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with sour cream. Stir in the bacon, 1/2 cup cheese, 1/4 cup chives, parsley, salt, pepper, eggs and sausage. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and chives. Serve with additional sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Twice-Baked Breakfast Potatoes(5)
Sort By :
I love to make these for the freezer - great for unexpected company! I always leave the additional toppings (cheese and chives) off, place on cookie sheet and freeze. Then I use my seal-a-meal machine. I microwave them to thaw them out, place them in the oven and then add toppings as per instructions. I usually try to use them up in a couple of months so don't really know how long you can keep them when sealed.
This was absolutely delicious.
Very tasty! A little too much pepper for me so I'll cut back a little on that next time. I made these without the sausage since I am a vegetarian.
Amazing! The flavors are wonderful together! I baked 25 large potatoes and multiplied the recipe according for our Women's Breakfast at church. The potatoes were a huge hit! I will make this again for my bed and breakfast as well! Thanks for sharing! I served it with fruit salad, juice and coffee. YUM-alicious!
These potatoes were great! My husband loved them - definitely a keeper!