Twice-Baked Bacon Potatoes Recipe
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup milk or heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. Bake the potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in milk, bacon, 1 cup of cheese, chives, salt and pepper. Spoon into the potato shells.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with paprika. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 630 calories, 48g fat (24g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 834mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein .
Reviews for Twice-Baked Bacon Potatoes
"Although twice baked potatoes always takes some time, this is an awesome recipe. My husband and brother-in-law had more than their share and loved every bit of it."