Twice-Baked Bacon Potatoes Recipe
I like these potatoes because they're so versatile. They can be served alongside a fancy entree when company comes...or they can stand as the main course with a salad for an easy supper. Either way, they're wonderful. My family loves them.—Debbie Jones, California, Maryland
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup milk or heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. Bake the potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in milk, bacon, 1 cup of cheese, chives, salt and pepper. Spoon into the potato shells.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with paprika. Yield: 6 servings.
One potato equals 630 calories, 48 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 834 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Twice-Baked Bacon Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC