I like these potatoes because they're so versatile. They can be served alongside a fancy entree when company comes...or they can stand as the main course with a salad for an easy supper. Either way, they're wonderful. My family loves them.—Debbie Jones, California, Maryland
Featured In: 62 Christmas Potluck Sides for 12 or More
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup milk or heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Bake the potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in milk, bacon, 1 cup of cheese, chives, salt and pepper. Spoon into the potato shells.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Garnish with paprika. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Twice-Baked Potatoes in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p48
Reviews for Twice-Baked Bacon Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2009
"Although twice baked potatoes always takes some time, this is an awesome recipe. My husband and brother-in-law had more than their share and loved every bit of it."