Twice-Baked Acorn Squash Recipe
- 2 medium acorn squash (1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 10 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash upside down on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until tender. Scoop out squash, leaving a 1/4-in. shell.
- In a large bowl, combine the squash pulp, spinach, bacon, 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, green onion, butter, salt and cayenne.
- Spoon into shells. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and top is golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Twice-Baked Acorn Squash
Sort By :
Very tasty! I love the addition of spinach. Will definitely be making this again.
ignore. Triple post!
Ignore. Triple post!
Made this last night. Halved recipe (1 squash). Couldn't find my spinach, so used frozen swiss chard. Also, had no fresh parm. so used Monterey Jack, + 2 - 3 tsp of the dried parm. This is a keeper...will be making it again.
This site is lame. I tried to share this recipe on my Facebook page, but couldn't because of the way your privacy settings are set. I guess you don't want the potential traffic from all the viral hits you could get from people sharing through social media. The recipe was the one I was looking for, though. Still, either your website people are jerks or just dumb.