Twice-as-Nice Mashed Potatoes Recipe
If you can't decide what kind of potatoes to serve, reach for this recipe, which blends both red and sweet potatoes. It will quickly become a staple at all of your holiday dinners.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. + cooling Bake: 25 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 large whole garlic bulb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Brush with oil. Wrap bulb in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes; peel garlic and reserve oil. Reduce heat to 400°.
- 2. Place red and sweet potatoes in separate saucepans; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 3. Place both potatoes in a large bowl. Add the milk, butter, rosemary, roasted garlic and reserved oil; beat until smooth. Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- 4. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 242 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC