- 1 large whole garlic bulb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Brush with oil. Wrap bulb in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes; peel garlic and reserve oil. Reduce heat to 400°.
- Place red and sweet potatoes in separate saucepans; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Place both potatoes in a large bowl. Add the milk, butter, rosemary, roasted garlic and reserved oil; beat until smooth. Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Twice-as-Nice Mashed Potatoes
Sort By :
"I've made this recipe so many times. It's the perfect recipe!! Even people who don't like sweet potatoes like this recipe. I usually just add jarred garlic to this recipe and I usually add a little more of it than it calls for. YUM!"
"the regular potatoes take less time then then the sweet potatoes to cook. To cut back on time I peel potatoes ahead of time and cubed. Cook regular potatoes in another pot because they will turn to mush."
"Extremely easy to make and everyone loved it. Plus the sweet potatoes are healthier then regular potatoes, which I love."
"i think you cook the 2 kinds of potatoes separately cos one kind doesnt take as long to cook..i'm thinking its the sweet pot that take less time...just a thought,,,jan"
"why would you have to cook the potatoes seperately? Why not put them into the same pot?"