- 1 large whole garlic bulb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves). Brush with oil. Wrap bulb in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10-15 minutes; peel garlic and reserve oil. Reduce heat to 400°.
- Place red and sweet potatoes in separate saucepans; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Place both potatoes in a large bowl. Add the milk, butter, rosemary, roasted garlic and reserved oil; beat until smooth. Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Twice-as-Nice Mashed Potatoes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p20
Reviews for Twice-as-Nice Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2012
"I've made this recipe so many times. It's the perfect recipe!! Even people who don't like sweet potatoes like this recipe. I usually just add jarred garlic to this recipe and I usually add a little more of it than it calls for. YUM!"