With chicken and veggies, this pasta medley in a mild lemon and wine sauce is a complete meal in one that’s a snap to assemble. I try to keep leftover chicken or turkey on hand so that I can fix this dish whenever I want. –Jackie Hannahs, Fountain, Michigan
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, zucchini, mushrooms and red pepper in 2 tablespoons butter for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the lemon juice and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain pasta; add to skillet. Stir in the cheese, basil and remaining butter. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tuxedo Pasta in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p37
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tuxedo Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review