Tuxedo Pasta Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, zucchini, mushrooms and red pepper in 2 tablespoons butter for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the lemon juice and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain pasta; add to skillet. Stir in the cheese, basil and remaining butter. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tuxedo Pasta
Sort By :
"This one was just "eh" for me. Not bad....but didn't have any wow factor, and based on the reviews, that's what I thought it would have. I even added some garlic and Italian seasoning......disappointing"
"This dish was FABULOUS! I was looking for a new zuchinni recipe and came across this one. It fit the bill perfectly! I used the "fresh" basil in the tube since it's all I had on hand. If quick and delicious is on your mind, what are you waiting for? Get cooking!"
"Very fresh/refreshing flavor. Loved this dish."
"We eat this at least once a month with what ever pasta I have and what ever veggies are available. Made it with out the red peppers once and it was not as good! A total family favorite."
"I have made this 3 times this month, it is my new favorite go to pasta dish for the summer! I have varied it a few ways, using lime juice instead of lemon or white wine vinegar instead. Its definitely better with fresh basil. And I have never done the cucumbers simply bc we don't eat them, but have added yellow pepper or green pepper instead (the yellow was tastier). Love this dish!"