Tuxedo Frosted Brownies Recipe
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1 tablespoon rum extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil, sugars, water and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt and walnuts; stir into egg mixture until blended.
- 2. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack. Combine frosting and extract; spread over brownies. Chill for 30 minutes.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and oil; stir until smooth. Drizzle over frosting. Let stand until set before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 225 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Tuxedo Frosted Brownies
"These were good for homemade brownies, but I used a 13x9 in pan and definitely didn't cook them long enough even though I baked them about 15 min longer than said in the directions. They came out EXTREMELY GOOEY if it wasn't for that they would have been really good."