Tuxedo Frosted Brownies Recipe
I grew up on a farm and always liked to help my mother in the kitchen, even at a young age, especially when it came to making desserts. When we're planning to serve refreshments at one of our social meetings, I'm often asked to make these brownies. —Edith Amburn, Mount Airy, North Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:36 servings
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1 tablespoon rum extract
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil, sugars, water and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, salt and walnuts; stir into egg mixture until blended.
- 2. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack. Combine frosting and extract; spread over brownies. Chill for 30 minutes.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and oil; stir until smooth. Drizzle over frosting. Let stand until set before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC