- 1-1/2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- 3 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 purchased frosted brownie with walnuts
- Rosebud and sprig of flowering thyme
- In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In another large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a microwave, melt vanilla chips and 4-1/2 teaspoons shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over cheesecake. Chill until firm.
- Set aside three chocolate chips for shirt buttons. Melt remaining chocolate chips and shortening; stir until blended. Cool slightly. Brush over top and sides of cheesecake, leaving a V-shape in center for tuxedo shirt. Add reserved chips for buttons. Shape brownie into a bow tie; position above buttons. Create a boutonniere from the rosebud and thyme; place on tux. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Tuxedo Cheesecake
Sort By :
"I made a giant 16" version of this for my sister-in-law's groom cake. It was gone in a flash. Everyone just loved it. I loved the bow tie idea and will use it again on other desserts. Cheesecakes are my specialty so I was extremely pleased to see this one."