- 1 package (2-layer size) devil's food cake mix
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) JELL-O® Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 package (8 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 3 ounces BAKER'S® Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
- 1 ounce BAKER'S® White Chocolate
- 1/2 of 8 ounce tub COOL WHIP® Whipped Topping (Do not thaw.)
- PREPARE cake batter and bake as directed on package for 2 (9-inch) round cake layers, blending dry pudding mix and milk into batter before pouring into prepared pans. (Batter will be thick.) Cool cakes 10 min.; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- MEANWHILE, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gradually beat in sugar. Make chocolate curls from 1 oz. each semi-sweet and white chocolates (see tip); refrigerate until ready to use.
- CUT each cake layer horizontally in half. Stack on plate, spreading 3/4 cup cream cheese frosting between each layer. Spread remaining frosting onto top and side of cake.
- MICROWAVE COOL WHIP and remaining semi-sweet chocolate in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 min., stirring after 1 min.; stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Cool 5 min. Pour over cake, letting excess drip down side. Garnish with chocolate curls. Keep refrigerated. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Tuxedo Cake
Sort By :
"My boys, whose birthdays are two weeks apart, saw this recipe on the cover and both said thats what they wanted for their birthday cake! Was delicious and beautiful. We brought it to a restaurant and the waitress wanted to know which bakery it came from!!!"
"I make this recipe as cupcakes. I make the cupcakes per these instructions and fill them with the icing before frosting using a pastry bag filled with the cream cheese icing and a large decorating tip. They've been a huge hit!"
"Cake is some work but so delicious! Put it in my recipe box."