- 1 package (2-layer size) devil's food cake mix
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) JELL-O® Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 package (8 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 3 ounces BAKER'S® Semi-Sweet Chocolate, divided
- 1 ounce BAKER'S® White Chocolate
- 1/2 of 8 ounce tub COOL WHIP® Whipped Topping (Do not thaw.)
- PREPARE cake batter and bake as directed on package for 2 (9-inch) round cake layers, blending dry pudding mix and milk into batter before pouring into prepared pans. (Batter will be thick.) Cool cakes 10 min.; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- MEANWHILE, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gradually beat in sugar. Make chocolate curls from 1 oz. each semi-sweet and white chocolates (see tip); refrigerate until ready to use.
- CUT each cake layer horizontally in half. Stack on plate, spreading 3/4 cup cream cheese frosting between each layer. Spread remaining frosting onto top and side of cake.
- MICROWAVE COOL WHIP and remaining semi-sweet chocolate in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1-1/2 min., stirring after 1 min.; stir until chocolate is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Cool 5 min. Pour over cake, letting excess drip down side. Garnish with chocolate curls. Keep refrigerated. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Tuxedo Cake Provided by Philadelphia® Cream Cheese 2014
Reviews for Tuxedo Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2014
Cake is some work but so delicious! Put it in my recipe box.