Red and green cherries make these treats look festive. Substitute any fruit in the amount that pleases your palate.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/4 to 4-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup each chopped citron, candies pineapple, and green and red candied cherries
- 3/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the butter, milk, almond extract and salt. Gradually stir in confectioners' sugar until a stiff dough is formed.
- 2. Turn onto a surface lightly dusted with confectioners' sugar. Knead 15-20 times or until mixture forms a smooth ball. Knead in candied fruit. Shape into 1-in. balls, then roll in almonds. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 each: 97 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Tutti-Frutti
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC