Pineapple and pecans are the "secret" ingredients that give these light waffles their fruity flavor and nice nutty crunch. It takes just minutes to mix up the batter, then bake in a waffle iron. Topped with colorful fresh fruit, these pretty waffles are perfect for serving anytime of the day. Bev Uken
6-7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/3 cups club soda
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 pint fresh raspberries, optional
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced, optional
- In a bowl, combine biscuit mix, eggs and oil. Add soda and stir
- until smooth. Gently fold in pineapple and pecans. bake in a
- preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until
- golden brown. Top with raspberries and bananas if desired. Yield:
- 6-7 waffles (about 6-3/4 inches).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 333 calories, 25 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 459 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.