Tutti-Frutti Waffles Recipe
Pineapple and pecans are the "secret" ingredients that give these light waffles their fruity flavor and nice nutty crunch. It takes just minutes to mix up the batter, then bake in a waffle iron. Topped with colorful fresh fruit, these pretty waffles are perfect for serving anytime of the day. —Bev Uken Raymond, Minnesota
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/3 cups club soda
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 pint fresh raspberries, optional
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine biscuit mix, eggs and oil. Add soda and stir until smooth. Gently fold in pineapple and pecans. bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Top with raspberries and bananas if desired. Yield: 6-7 waffles (about 6-3/4 inches).
1 each: 333 calories, 25g fat (4g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 459mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Tutti-Frutti Waffles
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC