Pineapple and pecans are the "secret" ingredients that give these light waffles their fruity flavor and nice nutty crunch. It takes just minutes to mix up the batter, then bake in a waffle iron. Topped with colorful fresh fruit, these pretty waffles are perfect for serving anytime of the day. —Bev Uken Raymond, Minnesota
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/3 cups club soda
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 pint fresh raspberries, optional
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced, optional
- In a bowl, combine biscuit mix, eggs and oil. Add soda and stir until smooth. Gently fold in pineapple and pecans. bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Top with raspberries and bananas if desired. Yield: 6-7 waffles (about 6-3/4 inches).
Originally published as Tutti-Frutti Waffles in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p31
Reviews for Tutti-Frutti Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review