- 3/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup chopped mixed dried fruit
- 3/4 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses and honey. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cornflakes, dried fruit and raisins.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until the edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 9 dozen.
Originally published as Tutti-Frutti Favorites in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p20
Reviews for Tutti-Frutti Favorites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review