Tutti-Frutti Favorites Recipe
Of the recipes I've collected through the years, this one's most requested by family and friends. Packed with raisins, cornflakes and dried fruit, these hearty cookies are both delicious and nutritious.
- 3/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup chopped mixed dried fruit
- 3/4 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses and honey. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cornflakes, dried fruit and raisins.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until the edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 9 dozen.
Originally published as Tutti-Frutti Favorites in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p20
Reviews for Tutti-Frutti Favorites(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review