Tuscan Turkey Soup Recipe
Marie McConnell ladles up this quick, creamy soup chock-full of leftover Thanksgiving turkey, pumpkin and beans to hungry family and friends in Shelbyville, Illinois. It's fabulous!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in broth, pumpkin, beans, turkey, salt, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. If desired, serve with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup equals 167 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 549 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Tuscan Turkey Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC