Tuscan Turkey Sausage Soup Recipe
- 12 ounces turkey Italian sausage links
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small leek (white potion only), cut into 1-inch strips
- 1. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Let cool and slice.
- 2. In a large saucepan, whisk together the broth, soup, mushrooms, onion, Italian seasoning, garlic and herb seasoning, caraway seeds and fennel seed. Add sausage. Bring to a boil.
- 3. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add beans and leek. Simmer 10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 181 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 978mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Tuscan Turkey Sausage Soup
"Awesome recipe. Really rich and robust flavors. Used fresh mushrooms compared to canned. Will definitely make again!"