Tuscan Turkey Sausage Soup Recipe
"While trying to reproduce my favorite soup from an Italian restaurant's menu, I hit upon this tasty combination of turkey sausage, broth and mushrooms," pens Thomas Licking of Green Lake, Wisconsin. Fennel, caraway seeds and herb seasoning give the quick-to-fix soup plenty of flavor without adding salt. Serve it steaming hot alongside a crisp salad and bread for a well-rounded meal.
- 12 ounces turkey Italian sausage links
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small leek (white potion only), cut into 1-inch strips
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Let cool and slice.
- In a large saucepan, whisk together the broth, soup, mushrooms, onion, Italian seasoning, garlic and herb seasoning, caraway seeds and fennel seed. Add sausage. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add beans and leek. Simmer 10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Tuscan Turkey Sausage Soup in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p57
Reviews for Tuscan Turkey Sausage Soup(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2012
Awesome recipe. Really rich and robust flavors. Used fresh mushrooms compared to canned. Will definitely make again!
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Sausage Soup >