For holiday potlucks, I make an appetizer truffle out of prosciutto, figs and toasted pine nuts. The creaminess comes from mascarpone and goat cheese. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
- 2 logs (4 ounces each) fresh goat cheese
- 1 carton (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) chopped prosciutto
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) finely chopped dried figs
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted and chopped
- Combine the first 11 ingredients until well blended. Shape into 36 balls; roll in pine nuts. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Tuscan Truffles in Taste of Home December 2016
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tuscan Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review