Tuscan Sun-Dried Tomato Jam Recipe
This jam has a robust flavor that complements anything it's served with. The taste and texture make it a yummy substitute for tomato paste.—Barbie Miller, Oakdale, Minnesota
- 1 jar (7 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Drain tomatoes, reserving 1 tablespoon of the oil. Finely chop tomatoes. In a large saucepan, saute tomatoes and onion in reserved oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in the water, stock, vinegar, sugar, basil, salt and pepper.
- 3. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Uncover; simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and mixture is the consistency of jam. Serve or transfer to an airtight container. Refrigerate up to 1 week. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 55 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC