Tuscan Sun-Dried Tomato Jam Recipe
- 1 jar (7 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 1 tablespoon of the oil. Finely chop tomatoes. In a large saucepan, saute tomatoes and onion in reserved oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the water, stock, vinegar, sugar, basil, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Uncover; simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and mixture is the consistency of jam. Serve or transfer to an airtight container. Refrigerate up to 1 week. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Tuscan Sun-Dried Tomato Jam(1)
Sort By :
Made this recipe last week and it is wonderful. It is even better after it sits in the fridge for a few days. It really mellows out and is bursting with a super rich tomato taste.I cooked mine longer than called for. It is wonderful on a toasted Baguette with cream cheese. I also added a good amount to a favorite Tomato Quiche recipe that I made. It really bumped up the flavor. This is a A real winner and a Keeper. Branch out with this jam it will work well with many other recipes including a plain old grilled cheese.