- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place the asparagus, tomatoes and pine nuts on a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Mix 2 tablespoons oil, garlic, salt and pepper; add to asparagus and toss to coat.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or just until asparagus is tender. Drizzle with remaining oil and the lemon juice; sprinkle with cheese and lemon peel. Toss to combine. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Tuscan-Style Roasted Asparagus
"I really enjoyed this recipe for many reasons. It was quite easy to make, delicious, beautiful presentation and one that I am sharing with my special friends that I consider are gourmet cooks. My only problem with this recipe is that it is so good that it would only serve 4 people. I am enjoying many recipes on this web site but this has been the best recipe so far.I give it 5 stars"
"I cannot rave enough about this recipe! It is so simple, and just so amazing. I didn't have pine nuts so I made without, and it was still delicious. I ate the leftovers cold the next day, right out of the fridge. I can't believe there were even any leftovers! This will be a regular part of my side-dish rotation."
"I made this twice this week! It was so good with the Easter ham we had no leftovers. So I made it again just to satisfy my craving for it! Best asparagus recipe yet! I actually doubled the recipe on Easter! Thanks for a great recipe!"
"Sent this recipe to my daughter as her part of my Easter dinner. It was a great hit and takes so little prep time that I was envious."
"A little less lemon juice or grated lemon peel"
"Perfect for Easter or any holiday! I never liked asparagus until I fixed it like this! I do not add salt to it; it's not necessary."
"Absolutely delicious. The salt settled to the bottom of my bowl and got some spots too salty. I would pour the oil over and mix the salt and pepper separately and then sprinkle that mixture over to cover it evenly."
"I've only recently acquired a taste for asparagus. This is the best recipe I've tried yet. I really enjoyed the asparagus and tomatoes together. The hint of lemon, the kosher salt, and the creaminess of the parmesan really enhanced the vegetables. I used slivered almonds rather than pine nuts."
"Great recipe! It went really fast!"
"Tried this tonight using fresh asparagus from my garden. Excellent! Definitely a keeper."