- 4 pan-dressed trout (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 2 tablespoons tapenade or ripe olive bruschetta topping
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fennel bulb
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Rub trout with oil. In a small bowl, combine the zucchini, red peppers, tapenade, parsley, garlic and vinegar; spoon into fish cavities.
- Place fish in a well-greased grill basket. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until fish is browned on the bottom. Turn; grill 5-7 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a small bowl, combine the relish ingredients; serve with trout. Yield: 4 servings (3 cups relish).
Originally published as Tuscan-Style Grilled Trout in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p210
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Tuscan-Style Grilled Trout
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review