Tuscan-Style Chicken Recipe
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 10 small red potatoes (about 1 pound), quartered
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Place chicken on top. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and remaining Italian seasoning. Top with olives.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken is tender. Discard rosemary sprigs before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 498 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 1797mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 7g fiber), 43g protein
Reviews for Tuscan-Style Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.