Tuscan-Style Chicken Recipe
I found this Italian-style chicken recipe in a magazine and tweaked it to my family's tastes. I have taken it to potlucks and served it at dinner parties and no one ever guesses that it's made in the slow cooker. I serve this chicken entree with crusty bread and spinach salad with lemon vinaigrette.—Mary Watkins, Little Elm, Texas
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 10 small red potatoes (about 1 pound), quartered
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (5-3/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Place chicken on top. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and remaining Italian seasoning. Top with olives.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken is tender. Discard rosemary sprigs before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tuscan Chicken in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2013, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tuscan-Style Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review