- for 6-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness
- (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- Brush one side of each flatbread with oil; place oiled side down on
- grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or
- until heated through.
- Spread pesto over grilled side of flatbreads. Cut steak into thin
- strips; place over pesto. Top with fontina cheese and basil. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 filled flatbread equals 718 calories, 43 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 961 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 44 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.