Tuscan Steak Flatbreads Recipe
Wrap tender grilled flatbreads around steak and top with cheese and homemade sun-dried tomato pesto for an instant party! People will love the fun presentation and the mouthwatering taste.Michael Cohen, Los Angeles, California
- SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO:
- 1/3 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- STEAK FLATBREADS:
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick and 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 flatbreads or whole pita breads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- For pesto, place the parsley, basil and garlic in a food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. Add the Parmesan cheese, tomatoes, sherry, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Set aside.
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- Brush one side of each flatbread with oil; place oiled side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Spread the grilled side of each flatbread with pesto. Cut steak into thin strips; place over pesto. Top with fontina cheese and basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tuscan Steak Flatbreads in Country Woman February/March 2009, p19
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Tuscan Steak Flatbreads(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Steak Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Sandwiches >