Tuscan Soup Recipe
I work full-time outside of the home, so I relish recipes like this that can be prepared in a flash.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup uncooked small spiral pasta
- 3 cups thinly sliced fresh escarole or spinach
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and carrot in oil until onion is tender. Add the broth, water, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in beans and pasta; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add escarole; cook until just wilted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 196 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1,432 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC