Recipe provided by Johnsonville® Sausage
- 1 package pizza dough mix
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package (17.63 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Mild Italian Pork & Chicken Sausage, skinned and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 medium onion cut into thin strips
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced thick
- 5 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces shredded Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Follow package directions for the pizza dough. Stretch or roll the pizza onto a sheet pan or pizza baking plate.
- Place a 10 inch saut? pan on medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and, in batches, individually cook the Johnsonville® Mild Italian Pork & Chicken Sausage, onions, mushrooms, and garlic, lightly removing each to a small bowl. Set aside.
- Brush the last tablespoon of olive oil on the pizza dough. Top with the mozzarella slices. Dot with Johnsonville® Mild Italian Pork & Chicken pieces. Cover evenly with garlic, onion and mushrooms. Sprinkle the pizza with lemon juice, Parmesan and red pepper flakes. Place on the middle rack of the oven and cook 20 minutes or until the crust is crisp and cheese is bubbly.
- Cut into wedges or squares to serve. A great green salad is terrific with this pizza. Yield: 6 servings
Originally published as Tuscan Sausage Pizza in Johnsonville® Sausage 2016
Reviews for Tuscan Sausage Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 10, 2016
"Hardly needs a recipe. Crust, cheese, sausage, garlic, olive oil, etc. Maybe red sauce if you want."