Tuscan Sausage & Bean Dip Recipe
- 1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Assorted crackers or toasted French bread baguette slices
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Stir in wine, oregano, salt and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is almost evaporated.
- 2. Add cream cheese; stir until melted. Stir in spinach, beans and tomatoes; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Transfer to a greased 8-in.-square or 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- 3. Bake 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with crackers. Yield: 16 servings (1/4 cup each).
1/4 cup (calculated without crackers) equals 200 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 434 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.