- 1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Assorted crackers or toasted French bread baguette slices
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Stir in wine, oregano, salt and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is almost evaporated.
- Add cream cheese; stir until melted. Stir in spinach, beans and tomatoes; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Transfer to a greased 8-in.-square or 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with crackers. Yield: 16 servings (1/4 cup each).
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tuscan Sausage & Bean Dip
"I was so tired of serving the same old variations of a Mexican Dip, when I saw this recipe. We were serving an Italian dinner, and I thought this would compliment it. WOW, it was wonderful. I served it with Town House Pita crackers and it was a big hit. I have made it many times since that day, only I use half of the spinach called for in the recipe."
"I have made this several times and it is a HUGE hit! People are always asking me for the recipe. Now I just take a copy with me whenever I take it somewhere."
"One of my best appetizers! Make it at least 5 times a year. I use 3 different kinds of sausage. I like chicken sausage better so I use a spicy chicken and a sweet Apple chicken and just a bit of the spicy Italian sausage."
"This is a wonderful Dip that's Not just a Dip. This would be make a great filling for a Lasagna.My entire family really enjoyed this recipe.Janie"
"Wonderful! I come from a long line of dippers and this is the best dip I have made yet!"