- 1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Assorted crackers or toasted French bread baguette slices
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Stir in wine, oregano, salt and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is almost evaporated.
- Add cream cheese; stir until melted. Stir in spinach, beans and tomatoes; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Transfer to a greased 8-in.-square or 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with crackers. Yield: 16 servings (1/4 cup each).
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tuscan Sausage & Bean Dip
"I was so tired of serving the same old variations of a Mexican Dip, when I saw this recipe. We were serving an Italian dinner, and I thought this would compliment it. WOW, it was wonderful. I served it with Town House Pita crackers and it was a big hit. I have made it many times since that day, only I use half of the spinach called for in the recipe."
"I have made this several times and it is a HUGE hit! People are always asking me for the recipe. Now I just take a copy with me whenever I take it somewhere."
"This is a wonderful Dip that's Not just a Dip. This would be make a great filling for a Lasagna.My entire family really enjoyed this recipe.Janie"
"Wonderful! I come from a long line of dippers and this is the best dip I have made yet!"
"This was a great dip. I made it for our annual holiday party and it was the first thing to go and almost everyone asked for the recipe. I followed the recipe exactly except I added more garlic than it called for. I don't really think it needed any other adjustments. I will definitely be making this again since I only got a small taste and loved it and wanted more, but it was more important that my guests enjoyed it."
"Excellent! Hardy and filling and flavorful. Made as directed with toasted baguette slices."
"I have loved this recipe, have been making this exact recipe for many years; been around a long time and is tried and true."